Her Majesty’s Theatre Ballarat Revitalisation
DCON Painting & Sons alongside Nicholson Construction completed heritage restoration conservation and preservation works of Her Majesty’s Theatre in Ballarat, which is the oldest continually operational theatre in Australia and only one of the four surviving nineteenth-century public theatres.
The large-scale works included the following;
- In order to maintain the stunning heritage facade of the Her Majesty’s Theatre the external brickwork was also repainted where the bricks had weathered.
- Timber window frames on the theatre were repaired and reinstated.
- Orchestrated the removal of all lead-based paint for safety reasons with the peel away paint removal system.
- Porters Paint lime wash to Bluestone after completion of lead removal.
- Painting completed to all back of house and Stage painting works.
City of Ballarat